Re: rpm problems

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Richard Brunner wrote:
> Thank you for your help but there are still some questions.
>
> Do I have to unpack the tarball, to modify the .spec files and then to pack them
> again or is there an rpm Option to make an rpm-package from an unpacked
> tar.gz-archive? (normally I use "rpm -ta FILE.tar.gz")

You can repack them, or just take the .spec file, update it for your needs,
and then place the .tar.gz in the sourcedir (do: rpm --showrc |grep sourcedir).
Then run: rpm -ba <package-name>.spec   ...this will get you the binary and
src RPMs made.

> I know the "-qi" option for rpm, but if the PAM-rpm-package isn't installed I
> can't get any information. Do you know where I can get this pam-package (I can't
> find it on my SuSE-CD's).

If you look in the .spec file, you'll see some lines that say Requires: <file>.
Take out this line since your distribution doesn't use PAM.  If you're having
trouble finding the line, do: grep pam <package-name>.spec   ...this should
help you find the offending line.

Hope that helps...

Mark Hankins