Re: rpm problems

Mark Hankins wrote:[...]
>You are looking at the wrong lines.  Look at the file not found lines.  The

> versions of the libraries are for glib-1.1.x  you are building 1.2.x.  Change
> the spec.in or .spec file to:
>
> %{prefix}/lib/libglib-1.2.so.*
> %{prefix}/lib/libgthread-1.2.so.*
> %{prefix}/lib/libgmodule-1.2.so.*
>
> ...instead of:
>
> %{prefix}/lib/libglib-1.1.so.*
> ...etc.
>
> > The next problem was that If I want to make the rpm-packages for
> > gtk-engines-0.5.tar.gz it said: "File gtk-engines-0.4.tar.gz: No such
> > file ..."# why 0.4 ???
>
> Again, check your .spec.in or .spec files for wrong 'ver' macro being set.
> It could be that the configure script is perhaps setting the wrong version for
> the .spec.in file.

Hi!

Thank you for your help but there are still some questions.

Do I have to unpack the tarball, to modify the .spec files and then to pack them
again or is there an rpm Option to make an rpm-package from an unpacked
tar.gz-archive? (normally I use "rpm -ta FILE.tar.gz")

> > The last thing is that, after I made the rpm-package for mc-4.5.29
> > (which worked), I wanted to install it but it said that pam >= 0.59
> > isn't installed (but what is pam, I've never heard about that!?) and
> > /sbin/chkconfig.
>
> Try doing a: rpm -qi pam  and you'll a description like...
>
> PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) is a powerful, flexible,
> extensible authentication system which allows the system administrator
> to configure authentication services individually for every pam-compliant
> application without recompiling any of the applications.
>
> There is a man page for chkconfig, but in a nutshell it helps you administrate
> different services for different run levels.
>
> Mark Hankins

I know the "-qi" option for rpm, but if the PAM-rpm-package isn't installed I
can't get any information. Do you know where I can get this pam-package (I can't
find it on my SuSE-CD's).

Thank you very much.

Richard