Re: Text boxes crashing in gmc

On Fri, 09 Apr 1999 14:11:41 Robert Goodwin wrote:
> Jesse D . Sightler wrote:
> >
> > Are you using themes?  If so, you need the latest gnome-libs installed
> > or you will experience bad crashes under some circumstances.
> >

> I'm using the standard enlightment theme but i don't think that counts.
> it's my text boxes that crash in all gnome apps.  I have
> gnome-libs-1.0.3-7 and the devel too.  is there a newer one i should be
> looking for?   Do these gnome-libs problems manifest themselves as
> problems in the text boxes?  or Gdk errors?

I was referring to GTK themes, not enlightenment themes.  This doesn't sound
like the same thing, though, because the themes bug only happens with some kinds
of dialogs (e.g. the cd player application won't run at all, and fails by showing
up as a VERY large window for a few seconds and then crashing).

If that ain't the problem, then I don't really know what is.

Jesse D. Sightler
http://www3.pair.com/jsight/

"An honest answer can get you into a lot of trouble."
         - Anonymous