errors... (fwd)

I'm still recieving the following errors...and no-one has replied yet.  I
need help...

I get these messages when I start X.  (FYI, I redirect the output of
startx into a file called .xerrors, and I tail the errors into a
term-window on my desktop...so I can see the messages each time I start
X.)

> Gdk-Message: Got event for unknown window: 0
>   and
> subshell.c: couldn't get terminal settings: Inappropriate ioctl for
> device
>
> Are these gnome-related problems?  How do I fix them?

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \