Re: "Lag" or mirrors

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am really getting a little tired about the fact that mirrors seem to lag
> > behind ftp.gnome.org by several days, at best. jimpick.com seems to be the
> > best mirror I found, but for example it still has gnumeric-0.19 - why is
> > this so?
> >
> > I have heard that mirror sites do not get private ftp accounts, is this
> > correct? If so, this should be changed. Top-notch up-to-date mirrors would
> > take a lot of the load off ftp.gnome.org....

Maybe this is too obvious, but why don't they set it up so the distribution
site pushes the new stuff out to the mirrors first, instead of the mirrors
having to pull?

Ray Clouse                                  I'M HAPPY BECAUSE I EAT LARD.
Cypress, CA USA
Ray.Clouse AT boeing.com
rclouse AT atdot.org