Re: Why does the panel crash again and again??

In message <370B9BE6.FB6829F1@ix.netcom.com>, Devin Butterfield
<dbutter@ix.netcom.com> writes
>Hi,
>
>I'm giving gnome a test drive so to speak and really like it so far, but
>am having a frustrating problem with the panel.
>
>It seems that every time I start configuring the panel (adding applets,
>etc) it crashes, and disappears. Then upon restarting gnome, the panel
>is still not there!!! I have to manually start it from the command line.
>To make matters worse, after a panel crash, all my launchers and other
>stuff is gone...the panel forgets everything!
>
>Please help! What can I do to fix this problem?

Send in bug reports. If you can no longer startx, do rm -rf ~/.gnome and
startx again.

I do know the frustration, I'm averaging a horrific number of core-dumps
per hour and simply have no idea where the last one appeared from, so-
to-speak.

>By the way, I using all the recent releases (just got them off the
>website last night).

I know the feeling :((

Hopefully the developers are coding to get stability in and *then* new
functionality.

I'm going to install the recently-released Enlightenment 0.15.5 tonight
to see how many core-dumps/hour I go down to...
--
James Green