Re: GNOME vs GNU gcc & glibc

 Hello Spud,

> He said he does want gettext, which won't happen if you disable it. :) I
> suggest using --with-included-gettext. I went through and compiled all
> packages like this, and it worked fine.

 I went back to gcc-2.7.2.3, and configured as you suggested.
 I get the same error:

>    All the errors are like this:
>
> >/sw/gnome/lib/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'
> >/sw/gnome/lib/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `gettext'
> >/sw/gnome/lib/libgnome.so: undefined reference to `bindtextdomain'
> >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >make[1]: *** [xchat] Error 1

 I then recompiled gettext-0.10.35 with gcc-2.7.2.3, then went back
 to gnome-media. I still get the above message.

 I then smoothly make distclean, configure --prefix=/sw/gnu, make,
 make check, make install and ldconfig gnome-libs-1.0.5, this time
 using gcc. I went back to gnome-media-1.0.1, then again make
 distclean and configure as usual (i.e. triggering configure and
 setting the prefix). I still get the above message. The amazing thing
 is that a scan of libgnomeui.so reveals no pointers to dgettext and
 company.

 Sergio