Re: 3d modeller anyone?

On 06 April, 1999 - lduperval@sprint.ca sent me these 0,7K bytes:

> On  6 Apr, Michael Vanecek wrote:
> > If you want something with muscle - a total production environment,
> > check out http://www.blender.nl/ - the quality of the rendering and
> > animations are just incredible...
> >

> I downloaded it and I find the interface awful. Ugh!

After you've understood how stuff works, it's very nice.. I'm not a
3d-guy, but I've made some small scenes and it's pretty fun.. Too bad
it's a bit slow with non-accelerated hardware (like our SGI indigos
at 33mhz which almost beats a K6-2 400 with Mesa 8)

We're probably going to send those guys an (old) IBM RS machine so they
can port it to AIX too...

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå