enlightenment

Is it just me or did enlightenment never come out in a stable version.
e.15.4 had a serious bug.  It didn't get along with gmc.  Selecting a
couple items on the desktop locked the mouse up. Now using the supposed
last version of e.15.x, e.15.5 pagers pop up(those are supposed to be a
e.16 feature.  gmc icons are sometimes placed on top of other windows
even on top of windows that have focus. Switching desktops sometimes
leaves the gnome-panel on desktop 0.  This is especially true when
enlightenment has just started.  Using the darklotus theme you can
pop up a root menu. Click on the border.  It will stay but, it wont
let me get rid of it or pop another root menu anywhere.  I'm not sure
weather that's just the theme or is it e. Don't get me wrong I love
enlightenment it is the coolest window manger out there,  but it is
painfully buggy.

Mike