Problem with themes

Greetings to all,

I have a problem with theme selection from the control center .

My Box is SUSE 6.0 kernel 2.0.36
Enlightenment snapshot 0.15
the gnome startup command is just an exec gnome-session in the .xinitrc
( it s the only command)

the GNOME version I use is the SUSE 6.0 RPMS from the GNOME site
http://ifmpc118.ifm.uni-hamburg.de/gnome.html
It is up to date ( today at least :)

when I start the control center, I have 5 themes ( I download most of
them )
Is 's :
BeOS
Metallic
OldWood
macos8.5

If I choose let s say old wood, what I see in the preview window is a
brown theme with NO texture at all !! I guess something is going wrong
here !?!

Morover if I do rpm -qi gtk-engines I got
 gnome/share> rpm -qi gtk-engines
Name: gtk-engines                 Distribution: (none)
Version: 0.5                               Vendor: (none)
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue Mar  2
11:33:41 1999
Install date: Thu Mar  4 00:24:17 1999      Build Host:
atlantic.waternet.de
Group: X11/Libraries                 Source RPM:
gtk-engines-0.5-1.src.rpm
Size: 726560                           License: GPL
Packager: Jan Gentsch <gentsch@ifm.uni-hamburg.de>
These are the graphical engines for the various GTK+ toolkit themes.
Included themes are:

  - Notif
  - redmond95
  - Pixmap
  - Metal (Java swing-like)

So why those themes don't show up  ???

Can anybody give me a clue on what is happening here ??
I probably screwed up somewhere but I do I get things back to normal.

Best regards to all,

GH Portefait

P.S I did rpm -e gtk-engines then
rpm -Uvh gtk-engines  ( sorry former M$ user here :) It did change
nothing

"Computer are like air conditionners,
they stop properly when you open windows"

http://www.geekcode.com