Re: Questions

Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 07:40:36 +0200
>>>>> mawarkus@t-online.de (Matthias Warkus) said:

 mawa> 1. Where's gnome-guile? cromagnon needs it, but any trace of it
 mawa>    seems to have disappeared. Do I need to get it off CVS? :-(

Looks like it. Alternatively, try ftp.jimpick.com (or is this .org?).

 mawa> 2. Where can I get data files for GnomeScott?

The if-archive on ftp.gmd.de is a good bet.

 mawa> 3. How much of the stuff in a normal Gnome directory tree can
 mawa>    be stripped? It's OK to strip the executables, of course -
 mawa>    stripping libraries is a bad idea.

I routinely strip executables (including plugins), shared libraries,
and "strip -g" static libraries. This works perfectly well on an ELF
system.

 mawa> 4. Which ones of the static libraries are actually needed?

I'd say you can kill all static libs for which a dynamic version
exists. Ah, and most gnome packages should honor "configure
--disable-static" ...

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>