Questions

Hi, here are some questions I asked myself today...

1. Where's gnome-guile? cromagnon needs it, but any trace of it seems
   to have disappeared. Do I need to get it off CVS? :-(

2. Where can I get data files for GnomeScott? (Um, probably nowhere,
   legally. Don't know why I ask.)

3. How much of the stuff in a normal Gnome directory tree can be
   stripped? It's OK to strip the executables, of course - stripping
   libraries is a bad idea. But can one strip, f.ex., the Go/gEdit
   plugins in $WHATEVER_THE_PREFIX/libexec?

4. Which ones of the static libraries are actually needed? They
   constitute a huge bulk, and apparently, they are almost never
   compiled in anywhere. Is it safe to delete them or will anything
   fail to build as a consequence?

TIA

mawa
--
Everybody lies about sex. IT'S IN THE MANUAL.
      -- unintentional juxtaposition in George Lin's follow-up of Adam