Re: "proprietary" vs. polluting (was Re: propriatary question)

In message <199904022047.PAA06585@aware-of-vacuity.labs.redhat.com>, jrb@redhat
.com writes:
+-----
| > (Although it's probably gone anyway, since it appears that parts of it now
| > require egcs and we have no intention of supporting egcs across all our
| > platforms in the near future.  This isn't open to debate, nor to the
|
| Nothing in GNOME requires egcs (or gcc, for that matter)  If something does,
+--->8

A recent (as in, earlier today) message pointed out that "build with egcs" is
the "official" fix for a problem in gnome-objc.  I've a few other things that
need to be built with egcs on my home system -- and no interest in finding
out if the same is true on my work Solaris box.

| Also, the menu heirarchies were moved from ${PREFIX}/share/apps to
| ${PREFIX}/share/gnome/apps to prevent conflict with KDE.  It's a matter of
| being polite and clean, not proprietary.
+--->8

That was the point I was after.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net