Re: Let desktop icons snap to a grid

>  GMC doesn't do this as far as I can tell - you can move icons pixel by
>  pixel. Most people (I, for one:) don't want to spend much time to
>  arrange icons, but they like them aligned, and they think a "Arrange
>  Icons" option, as in Windows, destroys their order and arrangement way
>  too much.

GMC can make the icons snap to a grid; it is just that I have not yet
written a configuration dialog for it :-)

Look at mc/gnome/gdesktop.c:46.  If you turn on the desktop_snap_icons
flag, your icons will snap to a grid when you move them around.

(Writing the configuration dialog is in my to-do list...)

  Federico