Editing menus

[Sorry about the broken thread, I had to cut&paste this together as I
just changed email addresses]

>I think it would be most convenient to be able to add/move/remove
>items from the system and user menus directly from within the panel.
>(IOW,integrate gmenu with the panel.) I'm not sure how intuitive this
>might be compared to having a separate menu editor.  Win98 allows
>this, but is it the right way to go?  Maybe having a separate editor
>just makes more sense.
>
>I do know it would be _very_ convenient and it would make >manipulating
the menus in the panel almost as easy as adding items to >the panel is
now.

I'd love to see this implemented. One of the things which irritates me
about Win95 is not being able to right-click on a menu item to change
its properties - this feels inconsistent with the rest of the interface.
You could always keep the menu editor for major changes, but when you
just want to change a command's arguments on the fly it would be nice
not to have to run the menu editor.

 - Michael Rogers