Dual libPropList's & cvs

Topic: dual developments of LibPropList

This is a question posted to me due to the fact I get both GNOME and WM
mailing lists. Also I ran into some problems, so this is how I found out
about this:

Interesting little problem guys. We seem to have discrepancies with lPL
(libPropList) thar resides on gnome's CVS and the lPL that comes with WM
(Window Maker).

It seems that someone here took 0.7.1 and modified it to gnomes needs
without notifing the rest of the world thus making WM unstable (for a few
things). the WM developers say that I should use thier copy of lPL instead
of Gnomes, however, this breaks some of GNOMEs stuff.

Due to the fact that Lpl was Developed by Mr. Bjoern should he not decide
where a single cvs of lPL should reside that all can use.. This dual lPL
and dual anything could cause problems. Remember WM is gaining popularity
and GNOME is too, so if the two are to be friends then someone has to make
sure this doesnt happen.

Please comment. I will take it back to WM mailing list..For discussion.

Alex G. Paoli,  Avid Gnome, WM, Linux friend  :>

BTW: Flames = /dev/null .. I think this is a valid concern