Re: mc compile question (cvs)

Alex> Trying to re-update mc to the new gnome 0.30 (gmc love it)

Alex> During compile I get this and Its a new one to me.. Usually I
Alex> can find which program.. but .. Im lazy and actually not quite
Alex> sure..

Alex> /usr/include/rx.h:1206: warning: redefinition of `reg_syntax_t'
Alex> regex.h:38: warning: `reg_syntax_t' previously declared here

Alex> And lots of those rx.h errors... What program is rx.h a part of ??

On your box, /usr/include/regex.h just does a #include <rx.h>.
This causes problems since MC has its own regex.h that does other
things.

MC includes its regex.h.  gnome-regex.h includes the system regex.h.
Conflict ensues.

In 0.30 libgnome.h includes gnome-regex.h.  I removed this #include in
cvs because of the problems you are seeing.  You could do this and MC
will compile fine.  (But if you make this change you can't recompile
libgnome -- you'd need to update a couple files there as well.)

Tom