Re: Panel won't start :~(

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 23:28:04 -0400, Trae Mc Combs <x@themes.org> wrote:
>Could somone please help me out here?
>I have RH5.1 and have the following RPM's
>installed:
>---
>ORBit-0.3.0-1.i386.rpm
>gnome-libs-devel-0.30-1.i386.rpm
>ORBit-devel-0.3.0-1.i386.rpm
>gtk+-1.1.2-1.i386.rpm
>ee-0.3-0.i386.rpm
>gtk+10-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm
>glib-1.1.3-1.i386.rpm
>imlib-1.8.1-1.i386.rpm
>glib10-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm
>imlib-devel-1.8.1-1.i386.rpm
>gnome-core-0.30-1.i386.rpm
>libgtop-0.25.0-2.i386.rpm
>gnome-libs-0.30-1.i386.rpm
>---
>It works at work, however now that I've installed
>it here at home.. it won't :( {and I'm hooked on
>it already. :P }
>
>Here is the error I get when launching GNOME panel:
>~ panel
>panel: error in loading shared libraries
>: undefined symbol: default_principal_iovec

I think somehow you are using an old panel with a new ORBit, or something
like that. 'default_principal_iovec' is used by stubs generated by an
older version of the ORBit idl-compiler.

Are these straight from .rpm's, or what? Are you sure you don't have an
old version of the panel on your path or something?

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg