Re: Background-props problems and suggestions

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Richard Hult wrote:
>(Gnome 0.30, RH5.1 + updates)
>
>Suggestion for the background-properties developer(s):
>
>It would be nice to be able to choose no background color at all.
>Sometimes the user has a background picture or maybe the windowmanager
>supplies a background (like enlightenment does).

I actually have pbs wtith this :  I installed gnome on two different computers.
On one everything is ok. On ths other, when I try to run background properties
from the panel it always dies with

** ERROR **: sigpipe caught

>I guess that I can run the gnome panel and background-properties --init
>before my windowmanager or xv or whatever. But since gnome is about
>getting a user-friendly desktop, I think that a checkbox in the
>background-properties would be a lot nicer =)
>
>Does the screensaver work for anyone? The screensaver works once, then
>the next time it is supposed to show up, the screen gets black and a
>yellow text explains that "keyboard could not be grabbed". I have
>xscreensaver-2.16 and xlockmore-4.09.

I have exactly the same pb. Looks like the keyboard is not correctly released wh
en getting back on it.

>When using DPMS it would be nice to be able to set the time when the
>monitor will be shut off. Example: I want the screensaver to come in
>after 5 minutes and then after 15 minutes idle time the monitor would be
>shut down to power saving mode.

I would like this too