Re: Problems with Balsa and a few suggestions

[snip]
>> When composing, long lines get a little arrow to the right and the line
continues on the next row. When the cursor is positioned below such a line
and the user presses the up-arrow, he probably thinks that the cursor will
go one line upwards but instead balsa treats the lines as one line and
positions the cursos above all the lines. This is logical I guess, since the
lines really are only -one- line, but it's really annoying when you are
trying to edit a mail without using the mouse. Try it and see what I mean :)

>> Thanks for a great app, I'm sending this from Balsa :)
>>   Richard
>
>I haven't compiled Balsa yet (I plan on it) but I hope it can do
>automatic line limits to something like 70 characters or be user
>adjustable. By keeping it all one line as mentioned above it doesn't
>work well with replies as you can see by the above text.

Perhaps at the same time a more advanced feature could be implemented --
namely to clean up, reflow and re-'>'-ize blocks of included text. If this
is done, perhaps it would also be a good idea to use "2>" instead of ">> "
and "3>" instead of ">>> " and so forth. But that may not me as important in
mail as on usenet.