Re: Better MDI idea...(Was: Re: gnome-terminal idea)

In a previous letter tmoore@tembel.org wrote:

>  Excuse me if I just don't understand CORBA and whatnot, but if one
>  process crashes, the other process would still be running but its window
>  will have gone away, right? How can we get around that?

I assume that you mean: What shall I do when I has been using an app (that
is using some CORBA plugins), and then the CORBA server crashes, and I've
got a lot of unsaved data...
Right?
(I allso assume that all known bugs in the crashing program has been fixed)

Ok, I'll admit it: I doesn't now much about CORBA either...

One crappy, but functional solution would be to have at least one
window/menubar etc. contained whithin the main process. If one CORBA server
crasches, you'll still have one window, and *if* you are lucky, enough
functionality to save your work or even reconnect to the server when it's
working again...

(And of course, you can allways do a #kill -9 on your main process :)

mvh
// Liss
liss@ydab.se