Electric Eyes suggestion

The other day I pondered aloud in irc.debian.org:#linpeople, "why isn't
there a 'free' equivalent to xv?", and someone responded, "Electric Eyes".
Well, I downloaded and installed and WOW!  This is cool!  Most of what I
do with images is color adjustment, so the auto-apply of EEyes (that xv
doesn't have) is very nifty.  However, I work in half a dozen file
formats, and not having xv's ability to save in formats other than the
original image's is a real bummer.  So I propose that a format selector be
added to the EEyes "Save as" dialog.  Ideally, this would accompany actual
format-converting code in EEyes, but if that bloats it too bad or goes
against some fundamental design goals of EEyes, then having the format
change dialog just be a front-end to ImageMagick would be OK.

just my $0.02

					*MoNsTeR*
					KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
					yetter@dnvr.uswest.net