Re: 3d

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Dan Newcombe wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Phillip Neumann wrote:
> > I just get my new 3dfx card and after playing some games, am asking
> > myself if there are plans for some 3d application. I would like to see a
> > really good GUI (in 3D) for unix.
>
> "It's a UNIX system! I know this!!!"
>
>:)

You know, an interface like that really exists.  However true, there's
simply no need for such a beast, and the overhead of that sort of system
on a non-SGI platform is pretty blechhhh.

(For those non-clued in people, that's a quote from that Jurassic Park,
and that little girl is traversing some wacked out 3D computer interface)

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2071 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2090 for the rich and the dead.
   851 days remaining in the Raw Deal.