Re: ** ERROR **: Wrong permissions for /tmp/orbit-hawk

>> I get this after rude X shutdowns and when trying to start two gnome
>> sessions (on separate displays).
>>
>> [501] hawk> ll /tmp/orbit-hawk/
>> drwx--S---   2 hawk     root         1024 Sep 22 15:17 /tmp/orbit-hawk/
>
>Mhm, I doubt our code can set the 'S' bit on that directory.  What
>does ls -ld /tmp show?  What OS are you running?  What are the mount
>options for the file system holding /tmp?
>
>Miguel.

This is a Debian system.

[513] www> ll -d /tmp/
drwxrwsrwx   4 root     root        15360 Sep 22 22:46 /tmp/

Ooof, this has gotta be wrong. /tmp should be mode 1777, right? Well, I've
made it so and I can now run two gnome sessions.

...which brings me to the next topic: How do I manage two different setups
under the same userid? For instance, I want the panel to auto-hide when
running on a local $DISPLAY, but not when using an X server on a remote
win95 machine. This doesn't seem to be supported yet.