Re: icons for app launchers

alex@bcs.zp.ua (Alex I. Tkachenko) wrote:

>> gnome as of yet has no icon picker ... I guess it should be an interface
>> lik the color picker, and with an option to browse directories ...
>>
>> feel free to work on that ... something like a visual schnauser
>> might be cool for that kind of things
>
>I don't know the inners of icon selector, used in i.e. gmenu, but it seems
>just displaying contents of single directory. So adding a possibility to
>change directory should be enough, right?

The icon selector used by gmenu and the desktop properties of the panel is in
gnome-libs/libgnomui/gnome-icon-sel.[ch], currently it is only used by
gnome-dentry-edit.c, the desktop entry editor.

It does have the ability to add more than one directory to the list, but the
entry editor only adds one. Feel free to add the ability to change directories,
although gnome-dentry-edit.c will probably require a simple change as well.

It might be better to work on a gnome file selector, I think someone is already
working on it. Then create an new icon selector from a derived file selection
widget, just a thought.

John
--
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>