Re: Screenshots ...

Ar Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 12:14:42PM +0200, scriofa Joerg Janes:
> what program can I use to take screenshots of my Gnome desktop and where do I find it ?

$ xwd > filename.xwd

 is the "offical" way. Use the gimp or something to convert it to a png/jpg
then.

 xv is also very good at it. Start up xv, right click on the window, and
there should be a "grab" button there. Click the grab button, then click on
the root window, and *bang* you have a screenshot.

 Save it, and post it to the web!

Kate

--
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
    We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

John "Kate" Looney, Horizon Open Systems. Sun Microsystems distributor and
Support centre. Hotline: [+353 1 8055700] Web http://www.hos.horizon.ie/