Adding panel applet ability to gmix

I managed to combine gmix and the mixer applet, actually the
two are just joined at the hip inside one app.

It works fine when run fom the command line, I can start in either
mode and switch between them with no problem. I can spawn an applet
from the mixer and a mixer window from an applet.

There are, however some problems. The panel does not remember the command
that was used to start the applet, so on restart the basic gmix window
is started instead (--applet flag is forgotten). And there is a problem
starting gmix as an applet from the panel's 'add applet' menu, it is not
added until a pre-determined applet slot times out.

The code is a big hack, but if anyone wants to continue work on this
I will send you the code. I only did this to see how far I could get before
hitting major problems.

John
--
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>