Re: Raster's typing - was Re: gtkstep info

> > "Autocorrect" spelling is one of the WORST things even invented for word
> > processors.  It's far less annoying to put a noticable but unobtrusive
> > marking near the word (like MS's little red underline) and let you fix it
> > manually than to try to fix it automatically.
>
> So, what is your point?  Just keep both strings in your application:
> one corrected, the other not, and underline the differences.  That has
> little to do with the fact that we are getting a terrific typo
> corrector in GNOME.
>
> Miguel.

Just my 2c (and sorry if this is already the case).

Please remember to make any typo corrector strictly language aware.
Being Italian I often type in Italian (and even mixed-language). It is mightly
annoying the abit of MS-Word to correct my lowercase "i" (legitimate male
singular equivalento of "the") to uppercase even when I correctly set the
language to Italian.

Best Regards

Mauro Condarelli