Re: Raster's typing - was Re: gtkstep info

NO!!!!! NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

"Autocorrect" spelling is one of the WORST things even invented for word
processors.  It's far less annoying to put a noticable but unobtrusive
marking near the word (like MS's little red underline) and let you fix it
manually than to try to fix it automatically.  There are too many words in
and language that are just so close that they can't be differentiated
accurately.  If we had autocorrect everywhere, I'd have to teach ever
single word processor I use that "Soren" should not be replaced by
"Sarin."  I don't like being a toxic nerve gas associated with terrorists.

--
 Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> | Windows DOES come with a tool
 http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/    | to restore a corrupt Registry.