Re: word processor document format: what parts?

> I understand your goal, and respect it somewhat.  As Miguel did with
> gnumeric, you want to get that piece of office s/w out there rather
> than being cool and innovative (as some people are with spreadsheets
> like siag).

I think you got this wrong.

I want Gnumeric to be an Excel replacement, but that hardly makes it a
non-innovative ground.  The problem with every other free spreadsheet
out there is that the code is definetly not good enough to be the
foundation for an Excel-like application.

They might be perfect for modelling new ideas with a horrible GUI, but
they are definetly not the foundation for the future and the code is
definetly far from being nice/maintainable as Gnumeric is.

So, now that we have an Excel-like clone, we can work on modelling
new, exciting and innovative features on top of a solid, nice and
extensible framework ;-).

Miguel.