Re: Updating, compiling scripts

In message <Pine.GSO.4.03.9809180934560.22085-100000@suntlc>, Tristan Tarrant w
rites:
 ] Hi guys,
 ]
 ] does anyone have good scripts for cvs updating, and compiling the Gnome cvs
 ] tree automatically. I have something written in bash, but it does not check
 ] for errors, and other amenities.
 ]
 ] I guess it would be very useful if such tools were standard so that we don't
 ] have to reinvent the wheel and spend less effort.

I've got one written in bash as well.  I'm working on cleaning it up a
bit, and then I'll send it along.  I believe mine works on NetBSD as
well as Red Hat.  I'll probably try it out on Solaris too real quick to
see how it does there...

Mine does actually handle errors, although I'd like to improve that
so it will only abort the whole build if prerequisites (i.e. ORBit)
fail but will try other modules if it's something like gnome-games
that fails to compile.

The other thing I like about it is that it does the builds in a separate
tree from the source (configure will set up the makefiles correctly for
you, actually) so running multiple platforms from the same CVS workspace
should be trivial.

I've had to patch one line of an automake .m4 to make it not rebuild
the entire tree every time it's run (it only builds things that make
says need rebuilding).  Also, the po/Makefile.in.in's needed a minor
change or two for this, as a few other Makefiles probably did.

--
Jonathan Sergent / sergent@io.com