RE: Word Processors

> On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > Rule:
> >       Cell:TextEntered:(*),(*)*
> >       Cell:TextOverflowed(\1,\2)*
> >       Column:SizeChanged(\1)*:Diff>0
> >
> > Action:
> >       Show "It seems like you want to make the cell bigger to let
> >             your text fit on the screen, you might consider double
> >             clicking on the column division to let Gnumeric
> >             calculate the best column width for you"
>
> And of course, this pops up non modal, without input focus, out of the
> area I'm typing in. And it gets even cooler when there's a pushbutton on
> the bottom of it that says "Push me to have this done for you."
>
> Goes back to one of the things that really pisses me off about the US
> phone system. Say you dial a long distance number in the same area code.
> voice comes on and says "You need to dial a 1 for that number". Now, if
> the thing has enough intelligence to know that I needed the 1, why
> doesn't
> it just put the damn call through for me by adding the 1 itself?

	[Thuau, Joachim]  Pretty simple answer..  if a company has a 3 digit
extension and a digital switch board, the number you thought was
	555-555-5555 becomes 555-5555-555 (the three last degit being the
extension..  that way..  you have a problem.. so instead of putting some dam
expensive algorithm into a little box (the switch or whatever you are
connected too, they call the biggest/better/best fault tolerent computer on
earth, the human brain..  (hmm..   maybe not all that big/better/fault
tolerent ..   :-)

	It is just a matter of money to save for companies..   why
developing a algorithm when you could just give a message....