Re: Word Processors

> I really wish they'd come out with a version for Linux, but don't hold
> your breath - it'd cost more than many peoples' computers, so I think
> they figure there's not enough of a market to justify the effort.

Yes, FreamMaker is very expensive.  It's about 5K a pop for a shared
license on a network.  About 1000 for a single use license.  But Frame is
such a good program, I used in school and at work.

As for Linux versions.  If large companies like IBM and Intel start using
Linux/FreeBSD for desktop work it's indeed possible.  I think it's a
matter of time.  Intel I know uses Frame heavily for technical
documentation.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/