Re: Word Processors

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > The **worst** feature of Word 97, after talking paperclips.
>
> Wierd.  I think the paperclip is a great idea.
>
> I have even been thinking about how to make a framework for guessing
> what the user is doing in GNOME.

I think the general attitude is that new users love it, techies despise
it. So it's good that it's there, as long as you can easily turn it off
(I don't really know, I've never used Office 97).

OTOH, even experienced users could make use of automatic passive
assistance from time to time. It's just a matter of implementing it in a
non-annoying way.

Tim