Re: Word Processors

Reklaw writes:

 > On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 03:42:20 Rebecca Ore wrote:
 > > On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Reklaw wrote:
 >
 > > 	Let's do think about the UI  early on,  please.
 > >
 > > --
 > > Rebecca Ore
 >
 > Would you agree that interested parties should update the
 > keybindings and/or menus/toolbars in their fav WP. then work on
 >  RTF/HTML/XML
 > then work on wholesale UI rewrites (to GNOME) to better support customization. I'd rather not have a lot of people doing *Toolkit/
 > Framework* updates. Make the playing field a bit more level as
 > far as keybinding and file formats THEN decide which one need
 > Toolkit/Framework help.

 Yes.  I'm thinking most about keybindings here in terms of
standardizing to either the Word/WP one or to Emacs.

As far as html goes, I did mention that in a separate letter.  Even if
it didn't become the next .txt format, it's almost an expected part of
a wp now.  .XML -- Is this the thing formerly known as Active X?  We
had some discussion of it inadvertantly in one of the abuse groups.
If it is Active X, and if I remember correctly, there are some
security concerns.

--
Rebecca Ore