Re: Whant is glib?

On 15 Sep, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 lduperval@sprint.ca wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to compile gnome and the FAQ says that the first thing to
>> compile is glib. What is glib and where do I find it? It's not on any
>> of the gnome mirrors.
>
> glib is a CVS module.  Follow the instructions in the FAQ, section 4.2
> on checking out CVS modules.  Where it says:
>
> 	% cvs checkout gtk+ gnome-libs ...
>
> the "..." means, fill in all of the gnome CVS modules here.  You should
> check out all of the modules listed in Section 4.4, "What order do I
> compile the modules in?" in this manner.
>
> I should probably make this clearer in the FAQ; that whole section is
> a little too jumbled for my tastes.

Hmm, I shoulda said: I'm not using CVS, I'm getting the tarballs.

--
Laurent Duperval          | All opinions expressed herein are fictitious.
Systems Analyst           | Any resemblance to actual opinions, living or
                          | dead, is purely coincidental.
lduperval@sprint.ca       |

"You're damn right I know where I am.  I'm in Madison Square Garden getting
beat up."
    -- Boxer Willie Pastrano to a concerned referee from the mat.