Re: Whant is glib?

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 lduperval@sprint.ca wrote:

> I'm trying to compile gnome and the FAQ says that the first thing to
> compile is glib. What is glib and where do I find it? It's not on any
> of the gnome mirrors.

glib is a CVS module.  Follow the instructions in the FAQ, section 4.2
on checking out CVS modules.  Where it says:

	% cvs checkout gtk+ gnome-libs ...

the "..." means, fill in all of the gnome CVS modules here.  You should
check out all of the modules listed in Section 4.4, "What order do I
compile the modules in?" in this manner.

I should probably make this clearer in the FAQ; that whole section is
a little too jumbled for my tastes.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net