Re: DocBook (isn't it sgml-tools1.1 ?)

On 15 Sep 1998 14:42:07 +0200 David =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=E5gedal?= wrote:
> One thing I beleive would be very nice is if somebody could package a
> self-contained DocBook translator system in one package that was easy
> to install all by itself.  I looked at jade and all the other stuff,
> but I couldn't figure out where to install it on our Solaris system
> before I gave up.  It would be nice if I didn't have to install things
> in /usr etc.
>
> This would probably allow more people to get started with DocBook
> document editing, since the intial threshold would be lower.

You're describing exactly what SgmlTools (the former Linux-Doc) is
building now. SgmlTools 2.0 will be a self-contained DocBook translator
system, build up on existing Tools like Jade, with backends for PS,
HTML and ASCII and frontends like "db2html". All in one package, easy
to install and easy to use.

	Jochem

--

#   Jochem Huhmann <joh@uni-duisburg.de>  Duisburg (Germany)
#   PGP fingerprint = 6C 85 FC 93 31 10 4E 81  1F 4C BE 4E 21 72 B3 7B