Re: Word Processors

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:02:11 Rebecca Ore wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, you wrote:
> >User bindable keys are the only way to fly.
> >I rather fix PW that debunk Maxwell -- Maxwell has a HUGE amount
> >of code, I mean HUGE.
> >Plus PW really has the "infrastructure" -- Multiple macro lang, plugins
> >Both would be a pain to put in Maxwell (I am guessing, they may
> >already have it in CVS).
>
> Think user base for word processors.  They're not computer people, most of them.

Look at the gimp. Artists arn't allways computer people either.
But geeks need WP too. If you have a macro lang, plugins, and a
user base you will soon get macros and plugins usable by everyone.

OK I agree about the keys.

> Default has to use cross-platform standard keybindings, and have easy ways to
> zoom screen-size,  print envelopes, and stick in a picture for Aunt Helen or
> the corporate newsletter.
>
> More detail in the letter I just sent you.
>
> We've discussed wps in XEmacs's beta list.  I don't have archives, but Steve
> Baur could probably help you.
>
> --
> Rebecca

Reklaw - I code therefore I need gin and sprite.
GNOME software projects - Pharmacy * gnome-standalone
http://home.earthlink.net/~nawalker/