Re: gnome win32 (+my 2cents worth)

> To be honest, why would you want a bunch of uneducated people who have
> problems even double-clicking and thinking for themselves following the
> "Microsoft way" to try an OS as seemingly complex as *BSD or Linux?

Actually, modulo a few superuser functions, I think Unix machines are
a *hell* of a lot easier to use than Windows machines.  One of the
things that's making this more true is the GNOME project.  Don't sell
this stuff short - IMHO the whole *point* of this stuff is to make the
Free unices compete directly with Win32 operating systems.  The
difference in complexity _at_the_user_level_ between Win32 and Unix is
*stunning*.  Go run NT or Win95 for a while and then tell me how easy
they are to use.   Better, tell me how many times you have to
reinstall in a year's hard use.

			       _MelloN_