Re: gnome win32

jmartins@nutec.com.br wrote:

> Hei,
> There are very interesting things to do to Linux,  please don't lost your
> time to port gnome to win32.
> Please lost your time develop to Linux gnome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I definitly agree, there are at least two benefits two having a Win32
port:

  1) You can use Gnome on machines at work etc if you can't install Linux on
     them; and then continue using the same environment at home.

  2) Free software under windows can be used as the first place to pull users
     into free software; once they realise free software is good they won't
     be scared about going to a free OS.

Dave

- Dr. David Alan Gilbert - WARNING! This is a beta release .signature-
- Work:    dg @ cogency.co.uk        - +44-(0)161-428-9444           -
- Home:    gro.gilbert @ treblig.org -                               -