Re: A proposal on intelligent mounting

Richard Hestilow <hestgray@ionet.net> writes:

> I thought the automounter was only for remote filesystems and only supported
> NFS. Thats the impression I got from the kernel description.

    Nope.  I use it personally to mount my floppy, CD-ROMs, and DOS partition
in addition to network filesystems.  autofs will mount anything that mount(8)
will (I'm not sure about amd, but it's essentially passé now anyway) plus
things that get special treatment (smbfs used to have a separate mount
program, but was still supported by autofs).  autofs gets two thumbs up in
my book. :)

-- Michael