Re: Problems compiling

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Michael Bruce wrote:

> The first problem: I can't get anything (=glib) to build as a shared
> library.  I've tried all the listed flags to autogen.sh, and have even
> edited configure to try to trick the thing.  It just won't do it.  Is
> this purposeful, or have I just missed something?

It will build as a shared library automatically. Just don't change
anything. The .so is in a subdirectory called .libs; it will install when
you make install.

> The second problem: gnome-libs won't detect gtk.  It fails on
> compilation of it's gtk testing program with three errors, all
> undefined references to gtk_[x]_version , where x = major, minor and
> micro.  I think this could be related to the first problem, but I just
> don't know.

gnome-libs probably requires CVS glib and gtk.

It would help to have the version of glib and gtk you're using, the exact
error messages for any build failures, and the contents of config.log
anytime configure fails to detect something.

Havoc