Re: xpdf?

At 21:35 1998-09-09 -0400, Sergey I. Panov wrote:
>Tom Tromey:
>> PDF does give you more than just ps, e.g. hyperlinks.  I don't think
>> that's significant enough to warrant an entirely new program.
>
>There is an extension to TeX that allow you to put hyperlinks in the
>resulting DVI file, and there is a DVI viewer (possibly modfied xdvi)
>that can use those hyperlinks. I do not remember reference though.
>If ggv is going to have PDF mode that respects hyperlinks, it should
>not be difficult to support hyperlinks extensions in the DVI files?

Yes pdftex generates pdf which as of now is the most modern
way of viewing TeX output.

Someone compared html and pdf earlier in the thread. Please
don't. pdf is much superior to html then it comes to viewing
manuals for example.

As someone else sad acroread for example supports
a very nice searching method.

Personally i think presenting something which is information-heavy
as html is an bad idea.