Re: the panel, multiapplet, app sizing...

[CC'd to owen because of plugsocket stuff]

On Sat, Sep 12, 1998 at 02:13:52PM -0400, John Ellis wrote:
> I can't seem to be able to run a multi-applet with more than one instance,
> when I try this, the new applet is never displayed. The panel prints out
> information that it created the applet, but it just never happens.
> So the mutli-applet-ness of clockmail has not been tested.

known problem, however I can't find it, it seems to be some size
allocation problem, try dragging the panel to a different edge of the
screen and the applet will appear (it will mess up the next time you
start though)

> There is also a problem when calling gtk_widget_usize() on the applet.
> When the new size is smaller, the applet does not shrink until the it
> is moved by dragging the mouse.

another known problem, this is actually the problem with the clock
going blank ... the whole thing gets smaller but the socket doesn't
actually do it right ...

> If you think clockmail is ugly try this theme, maybe I should make it
> the default:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/clockmail-odometer.tgz

I'll try it

to owen:
can you take a look at the socket stuff? ... I think the resizing is the
culprit on both of these bugs

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: