Re: guile and canvas question

dhawkins@mines.edu writes:

> I was looking for someone to help me do some work with guile and gnome
> canvas widget.  I notice that there is a canvas-test program in the
> guile-gnome directory which does not seem to work.  I hacked on it a
> bit and was able to get to the point were it would come up (the
> argument list had indeed changed).  However, I could not figure out
> how to set the various parameters of the canvas items.  The test
> program used strings, but this failed (wrong type of parameter).  I
> tried symbols and keywords but neither of those worked either.  Any
> help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

There was a subtle bug in gnomeg.c:

1998-09-09  Marius Vollmer  <mvo@zagadka.ping.de>

	* gnomeg.c (gnome_init_guile_support): Correctly specify two fixed
	arguments when registering sgtk_gnome_canvas_item_new.

It should work now. (I haven't yet commited this, but should have by
the time you read this e-mail.)