problems with libgtop

I get the following errors when running autogen.sh.
I'm posting it here because I get similar errors with other parts of the
gnome package, namely gnome-games and gnome-objc.

processing .
`aclocal' will also look in `macros'
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: /usr/local/share/aclocal//header.m4: 3: duplicated macro
`AM_CONFIG_HEA
DER'
Makefile.am:3: EXAMPLES does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:9: GUILE does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
sysdeps/Makefile.am:120: GUILE does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/daemon/Makefile.am:357: NEED_LIBGTOP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
./configure: ./configure: line 529: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'

I don't really know how to read this, and what it's telling me. Can someone
share a few ideas?

thanks a bunch,
	David
--
I like to freak out salespeople. They ask me if they can help me,
and I say "Do you have anything I'd like?"