[Q] splash.png : Gnome control center

When I run Gnome control center, I get the following messages :

convert: Unable to open file (splash.png).
convert: Missing an image file name [No such file or directory].
convert: Unable to open file (splash.png).
convert: Missing an image file name [No such file or directory].
/usr/local/gnome/bin/anytopnm: unknown file type
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: splash.png
All fallbacks failed.

The file dosen't seem to be installed by default. So  I manually placed
it in /usr/local/gnome/share/pixmaps first, and its sub directories also.
That didn't help, however.

There is in gnome-core/control-center/main.c the following line :

gdk_imlib_load_file_to_pixmap ("splash.png", &temp_splash, NULL);

Where am I supposed to place it ? If it dosen't get installed, is that
because it is not ready for use yet ?

junichi > /dev/null 2>&1