Re: Help an ORBit idiot, please

>  4] hack the autogen.sh files to run 'aclocal -I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal'

You should not need this if you set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS to "-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal".

>  5] ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome --with-gtk-prefix=/opt/gnome \
>     --enable-FOR_PANEL

I don't think this last flag is needed -- it is not supported by the
configure.in in ORBit as far as I can tell.

>  processing .
>  You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.

When you get this, Control-C out of autogen.sh and copy the specified
file to the destination, and run autogen.sh again.

>  aclocal: /opt/gnome/share/aclocal/gtk.m4: 7: duplicated macro `AM_PATH_GTK'
>  processing libIDL

You have two copies of gtk.m4 somewhere, and aclocal is finding them
both.  Remove the duplicated one.

I just built ORBit out of cvs, both the latest and the FOR_PANEL
versions, and they work flawlessly.

Good luck,

  Federico