Re: Commercial Development

Well, actually, the GNUStep lists have come alive within the last
month.  GNUStep supports multiple backends for the GUI.  The
XRAW backend (not DGS) has greatly improved recently to the
point that people are starting to write small apps.

As for the state of DGS, my understanding is that most of the
enhancements that Mr. Deutsch was getting paid for are done,
but it is taking time to get the changes integrated back into the
project.  I'm not sure at all what is involved there...Scott
Christley is doing that work but is very busy.

Web pages have been updated recently with up-to-date to-do
lists and the pages are being put into CVS.  Plans are to put the
GNUStep source into CVS ASAP to allow more people to work
on it.

Gnome is on their minds as well, I recently saw discussion of
drag-and-drop implementation...making sure it will work with
Gnome apps too.

In summary, they've been making progress...they just are not
very vocal about it...I think they're beginning to realize that
that needs to change.

--Robert